Thursday 12 September 2013

Welcome, about myself and N0ZTRADAM'IAN Prescription 1: The Bass, Gervais & Trap music edition


First post on this blog, sweet.
Anyways welcome to what i hope to be a regular exploration of the electronic music that I happen to like and hopefully those who happen on this page may like as well.

I'll start with a bit of a description of myself for this first post. I'm a student who very much enjoys all varieties of electronic music and due to the fact that I need new music to listen to I go out of my way to find tracks that I like. So this means that I regularly listen to many edm radio station programs and go through artist track-listings on many sites. My mandate after a large festival is to go through all the artists and find tracks that I enjoy and download and listen to them.

So if you dont want to look through 60 or more artist track-listings and you find you enjoy my taste in music why not just check back every now and then.

Since I have a huge back listing of tracks from the past year, what I think I'll do is perhaps do a post to go over what I'm listening to now and then the next post may be a throwback to the tracks I've listened to before.

I'll post the name of the track and then go over the artist and any other mixers, plus i'll put in the record label and perhaps the genre of the track if possible.
So without further ado here is my upcoming listening material:

Lifted - Naughty Boy (The Cat Crazy mix) (feat Emeli Sandi) {D&B, Stadium}
--Released in the Lifted remixes EP
Drama - Bro Safari x Ufo (The Party Favor remix) {Trap, Bass}
--Originally released for free on Bro Safari's Animal LP, then remixed for a competition
Hypnotizing - SPL {Bass}
-Released in SPL's Balearic Bass album (SMOG records)
No Turning Back - SPL {Bass}
-Same as above
Young and Beautiful - Lana Del Ray (Cedric Gervais remix) {House}
-Out as a single (SPINNIN)
Give me more - Grandtheft (feat Hedspin) {Trap}
-Released as Mobbin ft. Hedspin/Give me more a free ep (Mad Decent/Jeffrees)
Things can only get better - Cedric Gervais & Howard Jones {Electro House, Trance}
-Released as a single on SPINNIN
Come find me - Cookie Monsta (feat Flux Pavilion) {Dubstep}
-Can be found on Circus Two (Presented by Cookie Monsta & FuntCase) (Circus records)
Calm down - Cosmic Gate & Emma Hewitt {Trance}
-Released with their Wake Your Mind album (Black Hole recordings)
So thats some of what I'm listening to right now, surprisingly it includes a large amount of trap music. Generally I'm not a huge listener to Trap but the tracks above have dope melodies and beats so I still enjoy them. I will most likely go over why I like the tracks here below, so lets do that.

I enjoyed the original Lifted by Naughty Boy but the remix takes it to a new level combining the great vocals with a nice dance beat.

I've basically been stalking Bro Safari online and I went through tons of their stuff and I found I loved the way Party Favor mixed up their trap track and added some glitchiness to it.

SPL has put out some sweet tracks with his new album but of all of them I enjoyed Hypnotizing and No Turning back the most, which somewhat corresponds to what others are saying as well.

Then there are the Cedric Gervais tracks, if you havent listened to his remix of Summertime sadness (which will be on a post soon) I emplore you to now. His songs are huge right now so I checked back on his earlier stuff and found some sweet tracks.

Now in terms of the Grandtheft track, I found it and loved the vocals and again glitchiness to it, but again not a huge fan of trap stuff.

Loved the dubstep track put out by Cookie Monsta and flux pavilion, just another artist that I music stalked recently.

And finally Cosmic Gate, their trance is very good but of all their tracks I enjoyed Calm Down the most and thats all there is to say.

And thats all for this long post, check out those tracks and hopefully come back to get some more suggestions. I'm also looking to post up the album images to the right so you can scroll through to get the full experience (maybe a music stream is possible too, I'll see).

N0ZTRA out, listen well.


No comments:

Post a Comment