Monday 23 September 2013

N0ZTRADAM'IAN Prescription 6: Camo & Krooked show their stuff


Hello all and welcome back, today is interesting because today is the day I post all the tracks that I've been listening to from Austrian duo Camo & Krooked. While I generally stray away from drum and bass these two easily get my approval for their excellent tracks.

So here are a few I really loved and still listen to:

"All Night" - Camo & Krooked {Drum & Bass}
-Released as a single by the same name [Hospital records]

"FM4 Track Of The Day" - Camo & Krooked {Drum & Bass}
-Good luck, even I haven't gotten this yet

"Show Me A Sign" - Modestep (Camo & Krooked remix) {Drum & Bass}
-Released with Modesteps Show Me A Sign (Remixes) EP [Polydor Ltd]

"The Look" - Metronomy (Camo & Krooked remix) {Drum & Bass}
-Released with Metronomy's The English Riviera (Unreleased Remixes) EP [Because Music]

"Hot Pursuit" - Camo & Krooked {Drum & Bass}
-Released with C&K's Cross The Line EP [Hospital Records]

"Run Riot VIP" - Camo & Krooked {Drum & Bass}
-Released for free everywhere, download on soundcloud or here

And there you have it a huge heaping helping of some Austrian D&B, lets get a breakdown here please.
Just off the bat I'm gonna say it these D&B tracks are different from others and thats very much why I enjoy them, they all have an interesting tune, vocal sequence or melody.
All Night is great because the beat and the drums keep the song moving and provide a baseline for awesome melodic and vocal chorus like sequences.
FM4 is an interesting choice and an interesting peice in itself which is why its here. Simply put the elements of traditional music and awesome snippets of random Austrian heritage mixed with a sweet beat create a very unique D&B track. But I'll also take a more cliche opinion of it as well and say simply it needs more cowbell, more cowbell my good men.
Next the duo tack a sweet rock tune and give it a D&B reboot, the vocals are great, the rousing bass and drums (did I get that right) and the awesome breakdown make this track a real body mover.
I enjoy the look because its chill and quick plus it has nice vocals courtesy of Metronomy. I'm sure the original was good but Camo & Krooked as per usual did a great job with the remix.
 Hot Pursuit is really cool mostly because of the vocal snippets and the glitch like overlying sound. Its to awesome, definitely a frequently listened to tune for me.
 I wasn't gonna originally put Run Riot VIP on here but hey its free and it is a great tune in its own respect. I think the opening is my favorite part or the drop like bit around a minute in. Its a toss up.

And so there we are hopefully you enjoyed, I definitely did. Other than that not much else to say see you tomorrow.
N0ZTRA out, listen well.

No comments:

Post a Comment