Thursday 7 November 2013

N0ZTRADAM'IAN Prescription 31: Throwback Tunes - Marc Benjamin & Packsi + LIC Adventure Club mix

Welcome back to another daily prescription, for today's throwback tunes post we have tracks by Marc Benjamin and Packsi as well as a mix by Adventure Club, on of my favorites. Two artists who I happened upon quite some time ago and enjoyed their unique styles very much. Packsi is relatively unknown so go check out his other tunes.

"Superstuff" - Marc Benjamin {Progressive House}
-Released with his Surrender EP [Mixmash Records]


"Games" - Marc Benjamin {Progressive House}
-Released with Dim Mak Records New Noise, Vol 3 [Dim Mak Records]

"Scrooge" - Packsi {Dubstep}
-Released for free on Soundcloud, get it now.

"Aeri" - Packsi {Melodic Glitch Hop}
-Released for free by DMT, can be found off of the Soundcloud page.

"Life In Color Mix" - Adventure Club (Music from many others) {Electronic}
-Released for free on Soundcloud, check out the track listings there as well.

Okay lets go over why these two artists truly deserve to be featured on this post.

Superstuff by Marc Benjamin, the melodies are epic and they coexist well with his moving beats. He also always puts in a really nice breakdown in most of his tracks that flow perfectly back out into those great melodies.

The same can be said with Games, I love the melody, it just makes this track so replayable. The way his breakdown works with that melody is unbelievable. I remember listening to this track maybe for weeks on end quite some time ago. And looking back on it now, the song still has that superb song quality.

Moving right on to Packsi, a Canadian who creates wonderful dubstep tracks, such as this one, Scrooge. Although it seems like a Christmas song I would see myself playing it anytime I'm in the mood for some glitchy dubstep. The melodies are great, the drop is superb and the beat wraps up the whole package in a nice bow, just for Christmas.

Next up is Aeri, a glitch hop track by Packsi. Let me just get this out of the way, glitch hop is by far one of my favorite genres in electronic music so this track hits a soft spot with me. In my opinion its all about the melodies and Packsi doesn't disappoint with his amazing melodies, so much variation its jaw dropping. Not to mention the breakdown halfway through the song, very well done by this superb artist.

And finally here's a blast from the past for me, the Life In Color minimix by Adventure Club. I remember listening to this thing constantly whenever I had no tunes playing, whether I was working or just surfing the internet. I love how they managed to choose the most euphoric blend of songs I've ever heard. For a melody junkie like myself this masterpiece is heaven. Go ahead listen to the whole thing, I find its hard to stop after the first track comes on, good luck.

5 more throwbacks to do before we transition into a new format, this post was enjoyable. We are getting into the tunes that made me transition to my love of electronic music and its really awesome to hear all this stuff again. I hope you enjoyed as much as I did, see you tomorrow with a flurry of new tunes to satisfy your addiction.

N0ZTRA out, listen well.

No comments:

Post a Comment