Wednesday 13 November 2013

N0ZTRADAM'IAN Prescription 34: Throwback Tunes - All About Flume

Welcome back to the prescription, sorry about that missed post yesterday. This post may be late but you'll still get the music greatness that you would have gotten yesterday, just one day later. Today is all about Flume, the Australian superstar who has in my opinion one of the most unique styles. Lets check it out:

"Holdin On" - Flume {Electronica}
-Released with his self named album Flume [Future Classic]

"Star Eyes" - Flume {Flume step}
-As above

"Warm Thoughts" - Flume {Flume step}
-As above

"Hyperparadise" - Hermitude (Flume Remix) {Electronica}
-Released with Hermitudes Parallel Paradise EP [Elefant Tracks]

"More Than You Thought" - Flume {Flume step}
-Released with Flume's newest album Flume (Deluxe Edition) [Mom + Pop]

"The Greatest View" - Flume (ft Isabella Manfredi) {Symphonic}
-As above

I'm not gonna write to much so I don't sully the music. Just listen and enjoy.

Holdin On was huge when It came out and it officially introduced me to the artist. Star Eye's is one of the trippiest tracks I've heard ever, it goes beyond what he usually puts forward. Warm Thoughts feels to me exactly as the title suggests, it has an oddly warm feeling to it and is really calming, unsurprisingly. Hyperparadise has already appeared on this blog but I feel its necessary to post it up again, its that good. Just a note as well it was actually the first Flume song I've ever heard, I heard it in the LIC Adventure Club mix I posted up a few posts ago, at the time I hadn't heard of the artist. More Than You Thought was the first track I heard from his deluxe album offering and I found myself loving it. And finally another deluxe edition track The Greatest View is also a wonderful track, this time with a vocal track as well.

Other than that, I emplor you to check him out, he's one of the most unique artists I've ever had the pleasure of listening to and if you don't think so maybe take another listen. Coming close to the end of throwback tunes posts so look out for something new soon. And I'll see you tomorrow for another throwback.

N0ZTRA out, listen well.

No comments:

Post a Comment