Monday 25 November 2013

N0ZTRADAM'IAN Prescription 41: Trap today? - Galantis, Flosstradamus, Duck Sauce, Fei Fei and Clockwork hit the list.

Incoming 12 o'clock post, hopefully no one really cares. Today is another start to a wonderful week of new electronic music, its also the week of throwback finales. Tomorrow is the last throwback and then I'll premiere something new to this blog. As for today, we have tunes from Galantis, Flosstradamus, Duck Sauce, Topher Jones, Fei Fei, Dimitri Vangelis and Clockwork. Lets get into it:

"Smile" - Galantis {Electronic}
-Released as single [Big Beat Records / WEA International]



"Original Don" - Major Lazer (Flosstradamus remix) {Trap}
-Released for free on Soundcloud, grab it now.

"Its You" - Duck Sauce (FREE FRINKZ X FootwoRk remix) {Trap}
-Released for free on Soundcloud, grab it now.

"Talk About It" - Topher James (ft Katie Sky) {Progressive House}
-Released as a single [Ultra Music]

"YOU" - Fei Fei & Jessie Andrews {Disco Trap}
-Released for free on Soundcloud, grab it now.

"Silver Sun" - Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman (ft Anna Yvette) (Lights 2013 Anthem) {Progressive House}
-Released as a single [Columbia (Sony)]


"Blitz" - Clockwork {Electro House}
-Released as a single [Dim Mak Records]

Ok lets talk about why I'm crazy enough to put three, count em, three trap songs on this post. Check that out below.

First on the list is the new single from never before seen Galantis, this one called Smile. The tune effortlessly merges harmonious vocals with some awesome melodies and beats. I do admit that I might be listening to this track for some time in the future. I just love how big and airy it sounds. So Smile...

And of course the next thing that I should post is a hardcore trap song.. wait what. Yes indeed this next one is Original Don by Major Lazer remixed by one of my favorite trap artists Flosstradamus. I seem to be on a trap binge so this is what you get, its a good tune with some interesting trap elements.

Next up is a remix of eccentric duo Duck Sauce's Its You, remixed and trapified by FREE DRINKZ and FootwoRk. I like the original but for this list I went with the weird trappy version, but I do implore you to check out Duck Sauce's wacky sounds.

Moving on to something more traditional, a track by Topher Jones featuring Katie Sky called Talk About It. I feel like I've heard this before somewhere, I love the vocals and the cool house melodies. Its got a killer chorus breakdown and of course Katie does a great job bringing in the vocal aspect.

Onto another trap song, this one is light and euphoric though. Called YOU and created by Fei Fei and Jessie Andrews its got a classic dance feel to it. I love the vocals and the melodies, they really make the tune.

Next up is Silver Sun by Dimitri Vangelis and Wyman featuring Anna Yvette. I love the melodies and the beats throughout the entire tune. And of course Anna Yvette makes the tune sound just that much better, gotta love that chorus.

And last but not least is a new-ish track by Clockwork, called Blitz. I like the big house vibe, the huge melodies and the great beat. Getting ready for this is also a nice touch, Clockwork always has some nice breakdowns.

And that's that for today's post, I'll be back tomorrow for the final throwback tunes post of... ever, It'll be a sad day. The post tomorrow features tunes from Razihel, so come check out that. Then on Thursday we have something, I don't really know, haven't figured it out yet so.... And on Friday is another Friday Night Beats post, to get you prepped for the weekend festivities. Well then see you tomorrow.

N0ZTRA out, listen well.

No comments:

Post a Comment