Monday 11 November 2013

N0ZTRADAM'IAN Prescription 33: Deorro, Dank, Djemba Djemba & London Future + Aoki, Heldens and Romera hit the list

Ahh welcome back off of the weekend, today we have another new tunes post to whet your appetite for a week of electronic tunes. This post has music from Deorro, London Future x Djemba Djemba, Steve Aoki, Dank, Oliver Heldens and Tony Romero. Lets get right into it:

"Crank It Up" - Deorro {Electro House}
-Released with his Play EP [Dim Mak Records]


"Look At Me Now" - London Future & Djemba Djemba (ft Ifa Sayo) {Trap}
-Released as a single [Mad Decent]


"Ladi Dadi" - Steve Aoki (ft Wynter Gordon) (Tommy Trash remix) {House}
-Released with Ladi Dadi - Remixes EP [Ultra Records]

"Wonder Child" - Dank (Dank's Festival VIP remix) {Electro House}
-Released as a single [Ultra Records]

"Homecoming" - Kanye West (ft Notorious BIG & Jay Z) (Dank's Rump Wit Me remix) {Dubstep}
-Released for free on Soundcloud, get it now.

"Onyva" - Oliver Heldens (ft Alvar & Millas) {Electro House}
-Released as a single [Oxygen]

"Drakarta" - Tony Romera {Progressive House}
-Released as a single [Flamingo Recordings]

Lets get into it:

First up is Crank It Up by Deorro, an electro house song that I primarily enjoy for its use of a specific melody. I enjoy the melody that contains the violin and since Deorro managed to mix together that excellent melody with a hard beat and a banging bassline this song is here.

Another vocal trap song hits the blog, this time its brought to us by London Future & Djemba Djemba. The excellent vocals are provided by Ifa Sayo. I love the vocals but not only that but I also find myself enjoying the hard beat and typical trap melody as well. My head is nodding as I listen to it right now, odd.

Steve Aoki gets a little trashed with this Tommy Trash remix of Ladi Dadi. The remix manages to encompass the giant beats that Aoki generally churns out but also the type of tracks that Trash is known for as well. Plus as usual the vocals cant deter from the whole package.

Onto Dank and his two featured tracks on this post today, first up is Wonder Child. I decided to put up the Festival VIP remix because I enjoyed it a bit more than the original. I love the vocals (lets just get that out of the way) and the way he progresses the song through his beat and multiple melodies. The next of his two tracks here is a remix of Kanye West's Homecoming, appropriately called Dank's Rump Wit Me remix. This track manages to keep all the good stuff from Homcoming and adds a huge drop and pretty crazy breakdown melodies and beats. I tip my figurative hat to him for making such a clearly defined song this crazy, I love it.

This ones been sitting around on my lists for some time now, listed under Bangers. And that's exactly what it is, Onyva by Oliver Heldens starts out slow and melodic but builds up to a massive punch in the face beat fest. On big speakers this may hurt just a bit, just the way some of us love it.

Finally we have Drakarta by Tony Romera, by this time I've already said melody to much so I'll stick to other words. I enjoy its beat, the song has a great bassline and I love the way the individual musical notes come together to form a sweeping audio landscape.

And there we have it, hopefully you enjoyed this surprisingly unusual bunch of musical choices today. I seem to be deviating from my usual melodic house choices for an emphasis on random genres. Lets see how it progresses. See you tomorrow for my All About Flume throwback post.

N0ZTRA out, Listen well.

No comments:

Post a Comment