Thursday 21 November 2013

N0ZTRADAM'IAN Prescription 39: Throwback Tunes - Rameses B gets his spotlight

Welcome to the 2nd last throwback tunes post of all time. Next Tuesday's post seals the deal for this series and opens the book on a new phase of posting. Today is special, Today's post is all about Rameses B, one of my all time favorite Glitch Hop artists. To say I'm a huge fan is an understatement, if you happen to enjoy his stuff go out and support him. Apart from that lets hear some glitch:

"Boat" - Zoe Phillips (Rameses B remix) {Chillout}
-Released for free on Soundcloud, grab it now.

"Bits & Bytes" - Rameses B {Glitch Hop}
-Released with his album Observe & Imitate [Dirt, Lies & Audio Recordings]

"Every Cloud" - Rameses B {Chillout}
-Released for free on Soundcloud, grab it now.

"To Galaxy" - Rameses B {Ramstep}
-Released for free on Soundcloud, grab it now.

"Tumble" - Rameses B {Drum & Bass}
-Released with Observe & Imitate [Dirt, Lies & Audio Recordings]

"Pulsefire Ezreal" - Rameses B {Melodic Glitch Hop}
-Released for free on Soundcloud, grab it now.

He has a new album out called Timeless, I suggest if you enjoy his stuff go and check it out. Now lets talk why these songs are so great.

One of his newer tracks, a remix of Boat by Zoe Phillips, continues his trend of mastery with the melodic vocal glitch hop. I want to note the vocals and bring huge attention to the melodies. In my opinion the only person coming remotely close to these epic melodies is Flume (who got his own throwback post as well). The melodies are so original and awesome, superbly made.

Moving away from euphoric chillout melodies we have a relatively old track of his, Bits & Bytes. Staying in tune with its name the track has a very glitch hop traditional feel to it. I love the vocal samples and I have to note the cool melodies, an awesome track overall.

This was the first track I ever heard from Rameses B, I found that Every Cloud was so amazing I literally searched and listened to all the music he had conceived of up to that point. I love the relaxing tempo and the awesome movement of the melodies with the beat. The minimalistic vocals are also superb and add tons of euphoric power to the track. As well as they pass on the meaning behind the track, which you can find out about by checking out his YouTube video on it.

Woah a dubstep track, yes indeed, this one called To Galaxy and its Rameses B's remix of Halo 4 To Galaxy. I love the vocal samples and the amazing drop. It seems Rameses B isn't only proficient at glitch hop and melodic vocal tracks. I must say that at 1:07 when the drop hits, I get chills and I find I really also enjoy the breakdown at 2:58.

Next up is a very fast tempo drum and bass track by the name of Tumble. I love the way he mixes together his moving bassline and those excellent melodies. Gotta also give props for an awesome breakdown, duly noted by the vocal sample.

Now this last song is for fans of the online massively multiplayer game League Of Legends. Rameses was the one to create the theme music for one of the games "champions" when the game developers released a purchasable package that players could buy with the "Ezreal". Getting beyond that, I love the sound of the song and again must point out the awesome melodies. Just a note, the vocal samples are actually taken from the game and are also pretty nice.

And so with that we have a nice view of Rameses B and his style and awesome song creation. Go check him out and support him at Soundcloud or facebook/twitter. Hopefully you enjoyed this throwback tunes post, its a dying breed, remember only one left. Next Tuesdays post is gonna be all about Razihel, another one of my favorite artists. Other than that see you tomorrow and check out my new 8 Tracks mixes, coming out weekly.

N0ZTRA out, listen well.

No comments:

Post a Comment